Given below are the minutes of the meeting of the above parish council held in the Communal Room, Cherry Tree, Bridport, on 14 November 2017. The meeting commenced at 7.30pm.
PRESENT: Cllr Lathey, Cllr Trott, Cllr Wrighton, Cllr Bowditch, Cathy Harvey, 4 x members of the public. Mrs A Stephenson recorded the minutes
Cllr Beer, Cllr Gay
2. TO RECEIVE DECLARATIONS OF MEMBERS INTERESTS
Cllr Bowditch and Cllr Trott in Item 11
3. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
The Chairman asked if everyone had both received and read the minutes of the last meeting, if so, were they a true record. ALL AGREED that the minutes were a true record. The minutes were duly signed.
4. MATTERS ARISING FROM THOSE MINUTES
5 a side football area gate has still not been rectified – Clerk to chase Clive.
5. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
Allington Hill Lane – Symondsbury Estate have cut this back to gain access to a tree further up that needs attention they have been in talks with DCC about this and this is the process that has been agreed. However, there have been many concerned residents etc as so much of the boundary has been cut back which has damaged saplings that the volunteers had planted. Chairman and Cllr Bowditch met with mr Colfox to discuss and express their concerns. Mr COlfox has agreed to replace all saplings and will remove all rubbish and tidy up. He will quarry stone the track and will be in further contact with us in future regarding all these works.
6. FINANCE REPORT
a) Current acct: £11,596.83, savings acct: £14,603.
b)The following cheques were authorised by the council: Clerk’s wages (for past month) £287.60 HMRC £3.40, Viking £51.58, Leigh Hansford for internal audit £10, Paul Bowditch mower fuel reimbursement £13.65
c) Internal Audit – had been undertaken and all found to be correct and in order
d) To agree Precept for 2018/2019 – as per budget meeting it was agreed to keep the precept at the same rate as last year, £11,000. Proposed by Cllr Lathey and Seconded by Cllr Bowditch.
7. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
WD/D/17/002424 -Dance studio, crepe farm business park – change of use to flexible holiday accommodation, carry out alterations – We will support anything Symondsbury PC say, however it was then brought to the attention of the Parish Council that this application has laready been started (and nearly finished) and therefore our concerns regarding this to be made known)
8. NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN
No more news at present.
9. CHERRY TREE PLAY AREA
Cllr Wrighton had mentioned that there was a large hole in the play area – however Don McAllister had been unable to find it.Matting under swings needs attention – get Wicksteed to look. Also look at cracked swing when there.
10. WOODLAND TRUST PLAY AREA REPORT
All still fine. Although the spring on the gate has still not been adjusted – it really needs a latch as its too quick to release back. Amy to speak to Clive again. Still need soil for goal mouths.
11. COOPERS WOOD
Update given by Cathy – successful Halloween event. Have two new benches
Various were available to read.
13. DATE OF NEXT MEETING
12th Dec 2017
Meeting closed at 8.10pm