Given below are the minutes of the meeting of the above parish council held in the Communal Room, Cherry Tree, Bridport, on 12th September 2017. The meeting commenced at 7.30pm.
PRESENT: Cllr Lathey, Cllr Gay, , Cllr Trott, Cllr Beer, Cllr Wrighton, Cllr Bowditch, 3 x members of the public. Mrs A Stephenson recorded the minutes
Don McAllister, Cathy Harvey
2. TO RECEIVE DECLARATIONS OF MEMBERS INTERESTS
Cllr Bowditch and Cllr Trott in Item 11
3. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
The Chairman asked if everyone had both received and read the minutes of the last meeting, if so, were they a true record. ALL AGREED that the minutes were a true record. The minutes were duly signed.
4. MATTERS ARISING FROM THOSE MINUTES
Fence has been completed in football area but some issues with gate and rough edges (see further item) also would like the old wood back as agredd. Clerk to contact Clive.
5. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
Hillbillies have asked for match funding of £250 for the Allington Hill Community Project. Parish Council discussed and were in agreement.
Cllr Lathey informed all that the bus service no. 40 will not be serving the hospital or surrounding estates as of the end of the month. Clerk to contact WATAG and DCC regarding this as there has been no consultation about it. There is a lot of reliance on this service.
6. FINANCE REPORT
a) Current acct: £6,447.78, savings acct: £14,603.
b) Donation request for Axe Valley Ring and Ride – Proposed by Cllr Bowditch to offer £200, Seconded by Cllr Trott.
c)The following cheques were authorised by the council: Clerk’s wages (for past month) £287.60 HMRC £3.40, clerks expenses £32.65, DAPTC sbs £276.44, C N Richards grass cutting £856.80, Paul Bowditch reimbursement £27.30 and dontion cheque above
d) Budget 2018-2019 – tabled and agreed to accept as it stood Proposed by Cllr Bowditch and Seconded by Cllr Lathey
7. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
WD/D/17/001578 – Seymour Farm Cottage, 1 Seymour Farm – APPROVED
WD/D/17/001918 – and north of Pond End, Pymore – erect single dwelling, formation of access and associated parking. Discussed at length and objected to strongly – outside of development boundary, setting a precedent, poor access for construction and living, previous development at 3 pond end onto part of this land was refused, not an exception site, concern that rest of field would then get developed.
Development at Vearse Farm – further comments were required on the ‘new’ plan. It was felt that in all essence it had not changed much and the parish councils previous objections still stood.
8. NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN
Information is being collated. Next Steering meeting is next Weds. Committee meeting at end of October
9. CHERRY TREE PLAY AREA
Don not present.
10. WOODLAND TRUST PLAY AREA REPORT
All still fine. Paul has new net to put up.
11. COOPERS WOOD
Update given by Cathy via email as not present: There seems still some issues with the quality of the work re football pitch and the old fence panels. The chap I spoke to on the first day was very reluctant to leave any fencing panels at all and I really had to stand my ground to get ten. Four have been taken for Chideock and several have been used by Stan to make bin guards to stop animals ripping the sacks open. The top of the gates were very rough wood as I reported before and had not been sorted. Chris in the end borrowed one of Stan’s wood tools to file it smooth. Also the gate on the East side still is opening in the wind, the spring is very loose. (Clerk to inform Clive)
The area has been well used throughout the summer, with several bookings for the circle. The meadow area has been taxing with the weather and problems with the tractor but we are getting there.
We are planning more activity events although Aiden’s fund raising event was poorly supported. The will be a small charge pp in future.
We felt overall it was worth attending Melplash show. We also purchased two handmade solid wood rustic benches. One to replace the one inside the main gate and one for the top West corner of the field. These were partly funded by a donation from the Christmas Tree festival.
We are not planning any more large community events until November 2018 and wish to ask the Parish Council for permission to hold an event to commemorate the end of WW1. We are planning a short service as the sun goes down followed by music of the era and refreshments. The evening will come a close with a beacon on top of the hill as part of the national chain of beacons. Parish Council discussed this last item and agreed this was fine.
Various were available to read including thank you letters from the organisations that had been given donations.
13. DATE OF NEXT MEETING
14th Oct 2017
Meeting closed at 8.10pm